Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the forum celebrating the work of Author J.A. Giunta.
Joe is an Fantasy author with numerous short stories and books published in both paperback and ebook. He has a B.A. in English from Arizona State and has worked in the IT industry for over 15 years. He now writes novels full-time at home.

Joe's Profile (and books) at BrickCaveMedia.com: brkcv.com/BCGiunta
Joe's Books in the BCBookClub.com Store: bcbookclub.com/index.php/bcbc-store
Joe's Website: jagiunta.com

Posts in this forum are viewable to the general public. Be a part of the discussion, join the BC Book Club today: bcbookclub.com/index.php/be-a-member

• Page:

TOPIC:

Welcome to the Warden's Legacy Cover Reveal 6 days 15 hours ago #141

For centuries, dragons fought to rule all. Driven by rage, corrupted by darkness, they were a scourge of fire and fury that would not abate. Only humans stood in their way, a brave few in each generation born with magic. Wardens, as they were called, used their power to shield others and fight back the dragon menace. But the dragons were cunning and used guile to destroy their enemy from within.

When the Wardens fell, the world fell with them.

Without their protectors, humanity was hunted to the ends of Eralle and eventually to extinction. Cities burned beneath the onslaught, with every forest in between. Trees wilted into ash and did not grow back. Food became scarce, life even scarcer. Older dragons chose to hibernate, while the rest were forced to scavenge or turn on one another.

All had seemed lost, until a young dragon came upon a human egg, one fashioned of Warden magic. Inside the wooden shell was a promise of renewal, a helpless infant boy that could coax trees to grow by touch. He carried within him not only a chance at redemption for all dragons but the gift of hope that would become…

…the Warden’s legacy.

WELCOME!
- Please feel free to post your comments or questions in this thread. J.A. Giunta will be available to answer questions until 8pm MST.
OT becomes a member of the BC Book Club Now, look at the membership options here: bcbookclub.com/index.php/be-a-member

About the artist, Henning Ludvigsen:
Art was always my go-to strength from when I was a little kid. I made my very first digital art on the Dragon 32 and Commodore 64 in the early 80’s, and I never since stopped pushing those pixels!

At the age of 16 I enrolled to art school where I learned the basics of traditional art, some of which I still take advantage of in my digital pipeline today.

From of the age of 18 I spent most of the 90’s working in the advertisement industry starting out as a graphic designer and progressed through the levels up to the role as a creative leader and art director.

I was also a very active member of the Commodore 64 and Amiga demo scene.

In 2002 I decided to devote my life to computer game development and moved to Athens, Greece, to be a part of starting up a game studio and make the MMORPG Darkfall Online. What was supposed to be a 9 months stay turned into 9 full years. I moved back home to Norway in 2011 where I became the Art Director and partner of Rock Pocket Games in Tønsberg where I'm still working.

Today I spend my days in my hometown of Holmestrand, together with my fellow geeky girlfriend Natascha and our house-panther, Moogles.

I’m filling my evenings and weekends with my second job; freelancing as a board game artist and illustrator. So far I’ve contributed to over 250 board game projects, something I’m immensely proud of. Being able to work on the official games of my favorite IP’s is a dream come true and the reason why I can call myself a "professional geek".

I dedicate what little time is left on retro game consoles and arcade cabinets, and I enjoy hunting down and collecting retro hardware that either played an important part in gaming history, or that I have strong nostalgic feelings for.
www.henningludvigsen.com

AND NOW:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Bob Nelson
Principle Support Executive
Brick Cave Media
brickcavemedia.com

Release Dates 6 days 15 hours ago #142

The Warden's Legacy will be available as Hard Bound, eBook and Paperback editions at launch, with the following release dates (Subject to Change):

Invitation to Diamond Dragon Members to Order: 11/4/20
Invitation to Sapphire Dragon Members to Order: 11/18/20
Invitation to Ruby Dragon Members to Order: 12/2/20

Public Release: 12/2/20

Bob Nelson
Brick Cave Media
brickcavemedia.com

Welcome to the Warden's Legacy Cover Reveal 6 days 15 hours ago #143

• sskinner
  • Purple Forum Brick Caver, Level 1
  • Thank you received: 1
So, Joe. Tell us a little about the process Henning used to create this fabulous cover.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boboratory

Welcome to the Warden's Legacy Cover Reveal 6 days 15 hours ago #144

• jgiunta
From what I understand, he modeled the dragon in 3d, positioned it and then painted everything. It was different from previous covers, where he would do some sketches and send them to me for input. I gave him all my input at once and then just asked for a couple of positional changes after the first draft.

Welcome to the Warden's Legacy Cover Reveal 6 days 14 hours ago #145

• sskinner
I love how imposing and real the dragon looks. I think it will really resonate with fantasy readers.

Welcome to the Warden's Legacy Cover Reveal 6 days 14 hours ago #146

Joe, we know there has been a TON of Buzz here within Brick Cave for this book and how we think it's a game changer, how do you think this book is different from The Ascension series?

Bob Nelson
Brick Cave Media
brickcavemedia.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.369 seconds